DONE


I am finally done with my Masters degree! As you might have noticed, I haven’t been writing anything here for a while. The reason is simply that there has been a lot of things happening since the last post. The final weeks of the trimester was filled from the early morning to late at night. Some nights I even ended up studying/working until 3 o’clock. Although the trimester overall has been easier than my years studying back home in Norway, the last weeks were filled with both a lot to do, but also high levels of stress.

It was therefore a great feeling to be able to answer 20 minutes ago, when someone asked me when I will finish my degree. It has been 6 great months at ESSEC, where I have learned a lot that I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to learn in Norway. I have also met a lot of great people. 


I have spent these months studying, learning French, applying to jobs, and going from meeting to meeting. I have lost tracks of the number of jobs that I’ve applied to, but it’s all part of the journey. I am sure that the easiest thing to do would be to go back home to Norway, and find a job there. But then I wouldn’t have been able to live in this amazing city and experience all that it has to offer, and more importantly: I wouldn’t have been able to be with Simay. By staying here I have had to go through many rounds of thinking, finding out what it is that I really want to do. And all though I’m still not 100% sure of what it is that I want to do (thank you 5 years of studying), I know in which direction I want to go. As I’ve mentioned in a previous post, I would love to work in fashion again, we are after all living in the fashion capitol of the world. I have spent hours upon hours searching through different job sites, applying to everything that seems interesting. Writing multiple motivational letters. Simay and I have also been going from store to store with my CV trying to see if anyone will give me a chance. It is true that you really need a strong network in order to find a good job. And even with help from friends it still doesn’t guarantee you a job. One of the major issues I have is that I still don’t speak French fluently, and that is a must if you want to work in France. I am still working hard on my French, and I know that by the end of this year, I will have reached the level required to be able to live and work here. 


Luckily, I also have some contacts in the sporting world. It is something I mentioned earlier, but I will let you know in another post that will just cover this. But I can tell you that I find it very exciting, and it is also something that is teaching me a lot about how things work here in France, especially all the paperwork. So stay tuned to see what happens next here in Paris.
Now, I am finally home to see friends and family, and it will all start with our yearly guys trip to Sweden today.

Comments

Popular posts