A week filled with elections

After almost 1 and a half week in Paris without Simi she has finally come back home. Although she brought the cold weather with her it’s great to have her back. It’s been a strange week and a half, but it was most strange the last 4 days, with all the things that happened during the Turkish election. I’m not going to get in to what have most likely happened, but I have to say that it is scary that it is possible for people to use democracy to get rid of democracy. During Sunday night, I kept on hearing Senator Amidala, from Star Wars, in my head saying: "So this is how liberty dies… with thunderous applause". The fact that the person deciding if there should be a re-election is the man who just won the right to be a dictator. So on Sunday, the future of Simay’s country was decided, and this Sunday the future of our, and maybe even the future of Europe, will get closer to a decision. With the upcoming French election this Sunday, I couldn’t help but think: What if Le Pen wins? I know that she will probably get through to the second round, but I wish that she gets eliminated in the first round, so that we don’t have to walk around and worry for another month.
It is truly an exciting week we’re in right now.

I’m not going to give you a long list of why you should vote for the candidate I would have voted for. I will just ask you NOT to vote for Le Pen.
Please.
Now I’m going to the bakery to get myself a macaron. I suggest you do the same on Sunday, France.

-->


Comments

Popular posts