Gratitude

First of all, let me start today’s post by saying Happy Women’s Day to all the women out there. You rule!


Just by being born in Norway I consider myself very lucky. All my friends who have a higher education are now part of the top 1% in the world when it comes to income. This fact alone is something one should be grateful for, especially when you read about everything going on in the world. Compared to everything happening, one should be grateful just for being born in a country that’s not at war. When I was thinking about this I started to think about all the other things I am grateful for. Yes, I know it’s not Thanksgiving but I believe that one should reflect on what one is thankful for more often than once a year. This isn’t a post about all the things I am grateful for, that post would be way too long.


However, just to mention some of the things: I am one of those who have been lucky enough to feel true love, and out of all of those who have; not everyone has been so lucky to have that same person love them back. That alone is pretty remarkable in my opinion, and is all I need for the rest of my life.
I am also lucky enough to be living in Paris, having the opportunity to make this dream come true. When I think about everyone who would give anything to be in this position, who would do anything to be in Paris, I realise that I should never take anything for granted.
I try to use this as motivation every day. I know that if I can combine the gratitude I feel of being this blessed with the desire of everyone who would do anything to be here, I think I can succeed in this city. If I look at every task as an opportunity that doesn’t come to many people, and with an unmatched hunger while performing different tasks, I believe that there’s nothing in this city of lights that I can’t accomplish. 


So, what I want you to do is think about some of the things that you are grateful for, and see that it’s not something that you should take for granted. Then when you appreciate the things you have; I believe that you will be both happier and more motivated to do your daily tasks. And who knows, maybe you’ll be motivated to reach for more of what you dream of.


-->

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts